September 21, 2015

PTX Jakarta 2015!

I was just scrolling through the photos in my phone, and see some pictures that bring back some memories.
It was the first concert I've ever been to, the PENTATONIX concert at Tennis Indoor Senayan, Jakarta, last 4th June.

Me and my friend Danelle often talked about how much we want to watch PTX and how we thought that it was impossible for PTX to notice Indo and go here. We were like: "IF THEY EVER COME HERE, WE DEFINITELY MUST WATCH THEM! IT SEEMS IMPOSSIBLE, BUT IF THEY DO COME HERE ONE DAY...WE. MUST. GO. SEE. THEM."

And then one late night, at about 2 AM in the morning, I was having trouble sleeping so I browse the internet and found something that made me very speechless.

It was a facebook event of the pentatonix tour in Jakarta!!! I couldn't believe what I saw so I immediately checked their official website to see the tour dates. And you know what I saw? It's real. They're going to Jakarta. THEY ARE GOING TO JAKARTA! JUNE 3rd! BALAI KARTINI! I burst to find my ipod and line danelle right away. I informed her about the seat plan, the dates, and after we talked, we decided that we were after the festival tickets.

But things didn't work out that well. I kinda got busy with school that week, and I thought that it was fine to postpone buying the ticket for just one week. But the next time I checked the web, the tickets were completely sold out. Damn, right? I literally cried knowing my chance to meet the gang has gone. I tried to look for calo tickets but I'm afraid my mom wouldn't allow me to buy tickets from them.

But God loves me so He gave me a miracle. Apparently, I was going to have my final test until June 4th. Yes. So if I bought the ticket already, I was going to study biology in the middle of the concert. What a coincidence I failed to buy the tickets, right? The best thing is when I heard rumors that PTX was gonna have their second show on Jakarta the day after their first show! HOW PERFECT! The finals would have ended, it was in a bigger venue, and June 4th is their anniversary.

I finally bought the presale tickets for the 2nd show, feeling so happy and all, especially because I got 25% off discount. And I couldn't wait till the day arrives.
June 4th had finally came!

I have passed the biology test, and all the other tests. Me and Danelle went with busway to my house, went to McD, and pick up my brother then go right away to tennis indoor senayan. We met a view Sanurians there. It was not super crowded when we arrived 4 hours before it started. We spent our time chatting and playing crosswords, eating siomay, and at about 6, they started checking us in. We got the bracelet and all, and we wait for another hour to finally be able to get into the venue.

The worst part of waiting is the wait inside the venue. I luckily got a front barrier position. But still, it was crowded, filled with annoying preteens who forced themselves to sit in such a fully packed place. We have to wait for more than one hour there, with lack of oxygen, and my little brother kept complaining about how tired he was, and I was getting mad with all of the situation. I was already not in the mood.

But as soon as the gang came out to the stage, I got very excited in an instant! I forgot about all the bad mood I had in the last hour, and I was already losing my voice when they haven't even started any song yet.
Avi, Kirstin, Scott, Mitch, Kevin. They were there. They were there just about 5 meters away from me. THEY WERE SO CLOSE TO ME AND THEY WERE SO REAL!!!

The concert went on very well. I really had the time of my life by singing along to everything they sang. I listened to their songs a lot that I've memorized every lyrics. It's a good feeling to sing alone while everybody just made no voice because they don't know the lyrics. And it's a better feeling when someone not annoying finally managed to break through the crowd and got behind me, and she happened to know the lyrics too so we two were like singing our heart out together.

I was very amazed because they were so real. They are acapella group so when you really hear them sing live, see with your own eyes that they literally sing that good without any musical instruments whatsoever...you just can't help but adore them. Like, really. They were so good.






They sang my favorites! Their medley such as the Beyonce Evolution and the Evolution of Music. Their Rather Be cover, Problem, Papaoutai, and La La Latch! Jeez they slaaaaaaaayyyyy it. Mitch were also killin it on Aha! Kevin's solo, oh my God that boy is SUPER talented. Their originals such as Love You a Long Time, Seeing Through, so good. Oh, and Avi's lead on Standing By. I could watch the video over and over again and still having tears coming out of my eyes. They also did an encore where they sang That's Christmas to Me, without LITERALLY no mic at all. And they sounded just the same as when you heard them on the recording. They. Were. So. Real. They ended the concert with Daft Punk medley, and it was AWESOME. Awesome awesome awesome. Oh how I'm so in love with them.




It really was a good way to start my summer holiday. I kept repeating the videos and recall the wonderful feeling of that night. I am very pleased to have many great shots of pictures and videos since I got the barrier position. Even though it was the first concert I've ever been to, I could tell that it was a great successfull concert. They are the slay gang and I hope to meet them again next year!!!


Special Thanks to The Best Gang in The World
Scott Hyoing
Mitch Grassi
Kirstin Taylor
Avi Kaplan
Kevin Asulosa

No comments:

Post a Comment